It’s time let go of last year and count my blessings. It’s time to make a list of what I’m taking into 2015. Oh, yes, there has to be a list for that!
The blessings I carry over from last year include:
- My husband, dear man
- A large, supportive family of children and their partners
- Grandchildren who love and spoil me
- Beautiful great-grandchildren, who make me feel young
- My siblings who are also my best friends
- Loving friends who fill my social atom
- People who challenge me to be a better person, friend, grandmother, writer
- A home I love. I enjoy that it doesn’t stay the same for long and I never know what will happen next.
- The joy of walking and swimming
- My garden, which is small, informal and much-loved.
- Today the Pierre du Ronsart rose is my favourite. Tomorrow it may well be something else
- Social media. What is not to love about it?
- Writing, my work
- The joy of discovering and trying out new things. This week I found the interrobang‽ (! +? combined). It’s a dear little punctuation mark, considered informal. I hope it becomes more popular
- A holiday in the south-west of Western Australia planned for next week
- Challenges that lie in wait for me during 2015. Life would be dull without them.
My list could go on and on. It’s much more fun than a list for 2015 of two or three resolutions that I know I won’t keep.
I wish you a New Year filled with joy, happiness and peace.
What excites you about 2015? I’d love to hear from you.