Gardens by the Bay almost rendered me almost speechless today. It has inspired this impromptu blog post written on my tablet.
Gardens by the Bay a few facts
- Created on 54 acres reclaimed from the sea8
- Developed from plans inspired from an international competition in 2006
- Completed in 2012
What sets these gardens apart
- Landscaping along the Bay depicting a natural, historical and colonial history of Singapore in plants.
- Plants from every region of the world except Antarctica
- Amazing architectural and engineering features in two great conservatories or domes thickly planted with exquisite specimens
- Environmental features including a grove of giant steel tree-like structure. The tallest is as high as a sixteen storey building. These structures cleanse the air, reduce ambient heat, provide shade and collect rainwater to mist inside one of the domes.
What I loved most
- Beautiful plants and flowers in abundance
- Whimsical arrangements which provoked laughter
- Fabulous sculptures everywhere
- Walkways around the domes
- Views from a great height of parts of Singapore I saw earlier from the ground